- Spring opportunities abound at CAMEO: TIES, MicroLenders Forum, and Advocacy Day.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is USDA’s Rural Business Development Grant.
Training Independent Entrepreneurs for Success
Join us for a special train-the-trainer event led by Samaschool on March 20, 2019, in San Francisco. This free four-hour event will teach you what the gig economy is (and isn’t), who it can help, and where it’s headed. Then, Samaschool will walk you through its curriculum and how you can use it to effectively facilitate classes in your own communities.
2019 MicroLenders Forum
Save the Date for Advocacy Day
- Heidi Pickman is speaking at NCRC’s Just Economy Conference on March 11-13, 2019 in Washington, DC.
- Join program officers from five federal agencies for the SBIR/STTR Conference on March 12, 2019, in Riverside.
- Registration is now open for OFN’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
- Registration is now live for CBA’s Credit Building Symposium on June 12-14, 2019 in Washington, DC.
For Your Clients
- SBA announced the launch of the 2019 Emerging Leaders Initiative for executives of small businesses poised for growth in emerging markets.
- The 2019 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is offering a total of over $220,000 in grants and prizes for entrepreneurs. Last day to enter isMarch 25, 2019.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago.
- Join California Public Utilities Commission’sSmall Business Expo on April 10, 2019 in Pomona.
- CDFA released a white paper on how traditional development finance tools can be used to demonstrate the viability of the food system as an asset class.
- The SBA Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: What Is the Status of Bank Credit to Small Businesses?”
- Square and Thumbtack surveyed over 900 female small business owners across the U.S. to better understand the gender stereotypes women face in their business lives.
- Grant Opportunity: USDA is accepting applications for the Rural Business Development Grant program. Deadline is March 29, 2019.
- Free Webinars: The IRS has released a series of webinars to explain the new tax reform provisions that affect small businesses.
- Jobs: CAMEO, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, NorCal SBDC, AnewAmerica, Prospera, and La Cocina announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!