October 24, 2018 - 3:00 PM
The FarmLink Business Skills Camp will be a practical, in-depth learning experience for farmers and ranchers. Register today or help us spread the word about this educational opportunity.
The camp takes place on October 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 3pm – 7pm (including dinners) at a cost of $80 for all four sessions.
The camp will provide the tools needed to evaluate the overall business health of your farm or ranch. It will equip you to take specific actions to improve your knowledge and skills. Those who complete all four sessions will receive a zip drive with all materials, a certificate of completion, a one-on one-session with a farm credit specialist, and an hour of one-on-one technical assistance with the instructor. Topics include:
- How to structure your farm and ranch business
- How the 2017 Tax Act changed the tax picture for small farmers and ranchers
- How to track production, sales, and costs to maximize profitability
- Understanding cash flow, credit, and building and preserving long-term wealth
- Environmental Regulations, Food Safety, and Labor concerns
The course instructors are Poppy Davis and Alan Haight. Poppy is a former CPA with a law degree who specializes in business training for small farms and ranchers. Alan successfully established a diverse ten-acre farm in Nevada County in 2001 and recently transitioned farm operations to a beginning farmer.
Register today or share this event with your network. Thank you!Map Unavailable