Our thoughts are with the communities around the state that are suffering from the Camp Fire in Butte County and the Hill & Woolsey Fires in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. The SBA is making low-interest federal disaster loans available to California businesses and residents affected by the wildfires in Butte, Los Angeles, and Ventura counties.
- Give thanks. Give membership.
- Microlending Essentials – Our popular program returns!
- Support CAMEO’s mission on #GivingTuesday.
- Please fill out the survey on GoBiz‘s Technical Assistance Expansion Program if you applied for the state money.
- The Goodies – This week’s Goodies is filled with great webinars and training for you and your clients. Scroll down for all of the opportunities!
Give Thanks. Give Membership.
As the holiday season begins, CAMEO would like to thank its members for creating such a dynamic network of organizations and individuals that support businesses that create local jobs, build wealth, and grow California’s economy through microbusiness development. Renew your membership or join us!
Support CAMEO on #GivingTuesday
- The Federal Reserve System is sponsoring a free webinar on the growth and evolution of CDFI partnerships on November 29, 2018, at 12:00 pm PT.
- Friedman Associates is hosting a webinar on tools to forecast CDFI growth and impact on December 5, 2018, at 11:00 am PT.
- CALED will be hosting the webinar, A City’s Guide to Retail and Restaurant Real Estate Trends, on December 5, 2018, at 1:00 pm PT.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Los Angeles on January 15, 2019.
For Your Clients
- SBA’s 2018 Small Business Survey is now open for response, ask your clients to fill it out.
- The “Outsmart Disaster Challenge” offers a checklist for businesses to follow to become resilient in the face of a disaster.
- A new CA law requires employers with five or more employees to provide sexual harassment training to all employees by January 1, 2020.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- The SBA just released a report on access to capital for veteran entrepreneurs.
- USDA Rural Development has funds available in their Business & Industry Loan Guarantee Program.