A two-day, hands-on training for business coaching and lending organizations that will include the theory and practice of microlending underwriting.
For business coaching organizations: Is one of your goals to help business owners access capital? Do you find that too many of your referrals to lenders are denied? Does your staff know how to talk to a lender in lenders’ terms?
CAMEO’s Microlending Essentials will help your staff think like a lender so that your referrals experience a higher rate of success. In turn, staff will be able to train business clients in the key components most likely to get them qualified for financing. Here are some highlights:
- Your staff will learn analyses on global cash, bank statement, credit history, bank statement, debt-to-income, and credit memo writing.
- They will be able to write credit memos, the lingua franca of lending, that make the case for your clients.
- They will be able to talk specific underwriting terms to lenders, to better discern how to channel referrals to the most appropriate lender.
- Your staff will improve your training programs to increase business owners’ financial and credit management skills.
For community lenders: Is one of your goals to increase your loan volume? To improve your portfolio performance? To learn how to extend credit, confidently, to disadvantaged clients? To make more consistent credit decisions?
- They will be able to make sound, consistent, credit-based loan recommendations.
- They will leave with the skills to strengthen your program in ways that benefit clients and your organization.
Participants will write up three credit memos using real microloan applications and supporting documents. The group will discuss their rationale for their decisions, as practice for presenting to a loan committee.
MicroLending Essentials Agenda
- Microlending Overview
- Application, Eligibility, Assessment
- Underwriting Criteria and Credit Memo Introduction
- Required Documents
- Credit Report: Credit History and Current Debt
- Global Cash Analysis
- Bank Statements
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Debt to Income Ratio
- Collateral, Character
- Case Studies: Write up Credit Memos and Make Recommendations
- Present Credit Memos and Group Discussion
- Other Elements of a Loan Program
Here’s what previous participants had to say:
As a business coach, this training helped me understand how the loan process works. I have more knowledge to prepare clients before they apply for a loan. – Edwin Rodriguez, MEDA
I believe that you taught us a golden rule that is often missed: As a lender (and more generally as a businessperson), we are actively trying to reach a ‘yes’ without compromising our standards. — Mohammed A.
I started this session with minimal understanding of the underwriting process and am walking away feeling well-equipped to help my organization with our loan program. This course shed light on the importance of a structured process and has encouraged us to review how to scale our growth and impact. – Alejandra G
Susan was fantastic. All the materials were digestible. She helped us understand the very differing roles of TA provider and lender. –Azusena F
CAMEO wants to offer this valuable information to more audiences. Please contact us if you are interested in this training.