- Join our Online Learning for Micro Business TA webinar TODAY at 2:00 pm!
- New year, new website. Tell us what you’d like to see.
- State Small Biz Outlook for 2019.
- Register for our MicroLending Essentials in LA on February 20-21, 2019.
- If you haven’t renewed your membership or are thinking about joining, now is the time to do it. Our member drive ends on February 1, 2019.
- The Goodies highlight for this week is Prosperity Now’s 2019 Scorecard launch on January 29, 2019.
A Must Do: Online Learning for Micro Business T.A.
Join our Third Thursday webinar, A Must Do: Online Learning for Micro Business TA TODAY at 2:00 pm.
Online learning is exploding. The industry will reach $325 billion in the next 5 years. This year, as part of our Coaching Academy we will focus on implementing online learning in our space.
- What online learning means to the microbusiness field
- Why is it important for your organization to go online
- How you can use online learning to empower your clients
- How does the role of a training organization change
- New tools for delivering business training (and how they differ from traditional training)
We’re Turning 25!
The State Policy Outlook in 2019
- Greenlining is now accepting applications for their Summer Associate and Fellowship programs. Deadline to apply is March 3, 2019.
- The California Community Development Institute will be hosted at Fresno State on April 2-5, 2018.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
Reports & Resources
- CalNonprofits has partnered with human resources expert ThinkHR to provide free tools and trainings to their members.
- The 2019 Roadmap to Shared Prosperity outlines the California Economic Summit’s plans to advance progress in the state.
Upwork and Freelancers Union released their 5th annual “Freelancing in America” report, a comprehensive measure of the independent workforce.
For Your Clients
- Applications are open for the Social Enterprise Alliance’s “Pave a Path Scholarship” for emerging entrepreneurs. Deadline to apply is February 24, 2019.
- GO-Biz is now accepting applications for the California Competes Tax Credit. Deadline is March 25, 2019.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago. It is the ultimate conference for building a specialty food or beverage company.
- Free Webinar: Prosperity Now is hosting a national launch webinar of their 2019 Prosperity Now Scorecard on Tuesday, January 29, 2019, at 11:00 am CST.
- In the News: The San Francisco Chronicle wrote a piece on how microlending organizations are reaching underserved entrepreneurs such as women and minorities.
- Jobs: Norcal SBDC, Working Solutions, AnewAmerica, and Kiva announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!