- CAMEO is hiring a Program Manager in LA. Spread the word!
- If you haven’t renewed your membership or are thinking about joining, now is the time. Our member drive ends on February 1, 2019.
- CDFI Essentials helps CDFIs develop their loan programs.
- If you’re in LA, join our Regional Meeting on February 19, 2019.
- Register for our MicroLending Essentials in LA on February 20-21, 2019.
- Goodie highlight: Heidi Pickman, along with several colleagues, will speak at the NCRC conference in March about the ground-breaking responsible lending legislation we passed last year.
We’re Hiring a Program Manager!
Do you visit your local bookstore more than Barnes and Noble? Do you support local economies driven by local small business owners? Do you understand the power of business ownership to lift up families and help them thrive and reach their version of the California Dream? If so, you could be our new Program Manager and help increase our capacity to deliver programs.
Only One Week Left to Renew Your CAMEO Membership
- Greenlining is now accepting applications for their Summer Associate and Fellowship programs. Deadline to apply is March 3, 2019.
- NCRC is holding the Just Economy Conference on March 11-13, 2019 in Washington, DC. Our very own Heidi Pickman will be speaking!
- The 2019 CDFI Coalition Institute takes place onMarch 13-14, 2019.
- Fresno State hosts the California Community Development Institute on April 2-5, 2018.
For Your Clients
- Applications are open for the Social Enterprise Alliance’s “Pave a Path Scholarship” for emerging entrepreneurs. Deadline to apply is February 24, 2019.
- California FarmLink is hosting their annual Farm Finance Expo in Clovis, CA on February 28, 2019.
- GO-Biz is accepting applications for the California Competes Tax Credit. Deadline is March 25, 2019.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago.
Webinars & Courses
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar on January 28, 2019, at 2:00 pm EST where they’ll lay out their policy plans for 2019.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
- In the News: The Aspen Institute wrote a blog post on “The Community Reinvestment Act and the Future of Financial Inclusion.”
- Jobs: Access Plus Capital, Norcal SBDC, Working Solutions, AnewAmerica, and Kiva announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!