We work hard on behalf of our members to ensure the sustainability and growth of our micro-business development. Legislative consultants in Sacramento and Washington, D.C. keep us abreast of and advocate for the latest policies and funding developments that support our work. Also, we organize our members’ advocacy activities with their elected members of Congress and the state legislature.
Policies and Goals Critical to Micro-business
- Additional funding for state and federal small business lending and economic development programs
- Increased private capital for microfinancing of very small businesses
- Funding for training and business technical assistance
- Research, data collection and dissemination of information to promote microfinance and business training to government officials
California Government Resources
- Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Senator Barbara Boxer
- House of Representatives
- California State Senate
- California State Assembly
CAMEO has put together an advocacy toolkit chock full of resources to make your efforts more effective.
Association for Enterprise Opportunity is the national version of CAMEO and also advocates at the national level for the microbusiness sector and is a resource.