Note: CAMEO also hosts regional meetings around the state to listen to members’ needs.
Register for our Annual Member Meeting and Advocacy Day in Sacramento and take advantage of the early bird price of $125 until May 15.
2017 CAMEO Annual Member Meeting
June 7, 2017 (same date as last year, different day)
Sheraton Grand Sacramento
1230 J Street
Sacramento, California 95814 (map)
8:30 Breakfast and Networking
9:00 Morning Program
Welcome, Oscar Dominguez, Director Contra Costa SBDC and President of the CAMEO Board
CAMEO member meeting
10:00-12:00 Changing Face of Business Assistance
We’ve heard over and over again that one of the biggest needs of your clients is a lack of understanding of their businesses’ financials. And like everything else, technology is changing many elements of coaching including branding, business planning, and of course financial education.
In our morning session, members who are addressing these changes in innovative ways will explain their solutions. We’ll look at their evolution over time, how their attitudes have changed, the outcomes of their program, how they use technology, and how they are leveraging platforms to help their clients. Business assistance providers will learn about new tools and methods of teaching and lenders will learn some new strategies to ensure their clients are successful borrowers. Susan Brown, our microlending guru and rural consultant will moderate a panel that includes:
- Lindsey Crumbaugh, Samaschool: start-up costs and how Samaschool helps clients think about leveraging platforms to reduce customer acquisition costs, and build a brand reputation/following, as the new form of Minimum Viable Product.
- Josh Fegles, Academic and Government Channel Sales Director and Entrepreneur for Palo Alto Software, maker of LivePlan: LivePlan is robust software that helps small and mid-sized businesses pitch, plan, manage, and grow their ventures.
- Daniel Fernandez, Opportunity Fund’s Partner Program: Opportunity Fund is a lender who is outsourcing financial education to business assistance providers through a white label loan product.
- Bo Ghiradeli, Youth Business USA: How they are using Thumbtack and their unique mentoring program
- Rani Kroeger, Uptima: psychology of money and relationship with money that affects ability to attract, manage, and grow.
12:00 Preparation for legislative visits to educate the Assembly and the Senate on crucial issues that enable our sector to thrive.
12:30 Lunch and Face of Entrepreneurship Awards
We are so excited about this year’s Faces of Entrepreneurship nominations. The number and the quality of businesses nominated speaks to the great work of our members. After much deliberation, we came up with our winners. Congratulations to the following:
- Javier Zamora, owner of JSM Organics, nominated by Kitchen Table Advisors; and
- Tiffany Hoang and Tyrone Botelho, Circle Up Education, nominated by Youth Business USA.
2:15 – 4:00 Legislative visits
Please make your own appointments between 2:15pm and 4:00pm; here’s how:
- Find contact information for your assembly member(s) and your senator.
- Send a written request to the scheduler as well as call the office.
- If the legislator is not available, ask for a meeting with the chief of staff.
If you are from an area that only has one representative in each house, coordinate with other CAMEO members who may be attending. If you are from a large area that has many representatives, we will divide and conquer. Contact Andrew, who will help coordinate with other members who will be going.
After your legislative visit, join us at Chops – 1117 11th St, Sacramento, CA 95814 (across from the Capitol) to report on your visits and network with colleagues. CAMEO staff will be there after 3:00pm.
Other options include:
Directions Map it
From Reno (East)
Take Interstate 80 West to I-5 South towards Sacramento. Take the J Street Exit, follow J Street to 13th Street.
From San Francisco (West)
Take I-80 East to U.S. 50 East. Take the I-5 North Exit towards Redding. Take the J Street Exit, follow J Street to 13th Street.
From Sacramento International Airport and Points North
Take Interstate 5 South to Sacramento. Take the J Street Exit, follow J Street to 13th Street.
Travel north on I-5. Take the J Street Exit, follow J Street to 13th Street.
View the Amtrak Capitol Corridor.
Learn more about Sacramento local transportation .
Self parking and valet parking are available on site for $20-28 per day.
Alternatively there is a garage across the street.
DIRECTIONS TO GARAGE
900 13th Street
On J St turn left at 13th St
On 13th St turn left into the garage.
GARAGE PHONE NUMBER – 916-441-5213
Not yet a member?
Fill out the online form to renew or apply for membership.
Our 2014 Anniversary Celebration meeting was a huge success. Read a recap of the 2104 Annual Member meeting and access resources.
Read a recap of the 2011 Annual Member Meeting and access 2011 resources.