- The Shutdown and Us
- Save the Date for our first-ever West Coast microbusiness conference!
- Wildfire Recovery Update
- Join Online Learning for Micro Business TA on January 17, 2019, at 2 pm.
- Register for our MicroLending Essentials in LA on February 20-21, 2019.
- The Goodies highlight for this week is that Greenlining is accepting applications for their Summer Associate and Fellowship programs.
The Shutdown and Us
It Takes A Network
Disaster Recovery Update
- Join RoundTable Technology’s free cybersecurity training on January 15, 2019, at 12:00 pm EST.
- Small Business Majority is hosting a webinar to explain recent changes to the ACA and how they impact small businesses on January 15, 2019, at 1:00 pm EST.
- Join Small Business Majority for a presentation that covers the difference between independent contractors and employees on January 17, 2019, at 9:30 am PST.
For Your Clients
- Beginning on January 1, 2019, the Employment Development Department (EDD) will be assessing penalties on businesses which do not electronically file certain tax forms.
- GO-Biz is now accepting applications for the California Competes Tax Credit.
- The Specialty Food Business Summit takes place on April 7-9, 2019 in Chicago. It is the ultimate conference for building a specialty food or beverage company.
- Greenlining is now accepting applications for their Summer Associate and Fellowship programs. Deadline to apply is March 3, 2019.
- The California Community Development Institute will be hosted at Fresno State on April 2-5, 2018.
- Registration is now open for Opportunity Finance Network’s Fundamentals of Opportunity Finance course in Durham, NC on April 10-12, 2019.
- In the News: California’s new governor, Gavin Newsom, shouts out to small business in his inaugural speech.
- New Report: The 2019 Roadmap to Shared Prosperity outlines the California Economic Summit’s plans to advance progress in the state.
- New Report: Upwork released their 5th annual “Freelancing in America” report.
- Jobs: Working Solutions, AnewAmerica, and Kiva announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!