- Register for the webinar “Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates” on April 18, 2019 at 2:00 pm.
- 25 reasons we value CAMEO
- Take Action during the April recess
- Join us at the 2019 MicroLenders Forum on April 23, 2019 in San Francisco.
- This week’s Goodie highlight is Robert Villarreal’s testimony at a Senate Small Business Committee hearing on SBA Reauthorization.
Webinar: Advocacy Day Prep & Policy Updates
25 Reasons to Value CAMEO
Take Action: April Recess
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City released a report titled “Black Women Business Startups” that aims to increase policymakers and economic developers’ understanding of this group of business owners.
- SBA’s Office of Advocacy published a fact sheet titled “Small Business Facts: Spotlight on Women-Owned Employer Businesses.”
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is looking for anonymous stories from real small business owners who have had to deal with predatory lending practices in the past. Make sure to let them know you heard about it from CAMEO.
- SBA announced the launch of the 2019 Emerging Leaders Initiative for executives of small businesses in emerging markets.
- JP Morgan Chase’s PRO Neighborhoods Competition will make investments up to $5 million to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) that come together with a comprehensive, strategic vision for the community. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2019.
- Members Taking Action: Last week, Robert Villarreal, EVP of CDC Small Business Finance, testified at a Senate Small Business Committee hearing on SBA Reauthorization.
- Jobs: California FarmLink, Renaissance, and Feed The Hunger announced new jobs recently. See who else is hiring!