- Take our survey on California’s State Funding
- Global Cash Analysis, A Microlending Essential Webinar
- Remind your clients about the Federal Reserve Credit Survey
- CAMEO members that complete the microTracker Census by November 9 will receive $100 toward lunch for their staff (and FIELD is offering a gift card raffle.)
- The Goodies – This week’s highlight is next week’s election. Vote. Check out CalNonprofits tips and resources to encourage voting.
Survey on California’s State Funding
Global Cash Analysis: A Microlending Essential
Federal Reserve Credit Survey
- Free Training: The CRC will be doing a training on how to fight back to defend the CRA on November 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm PST.
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) will host two workshops – Credit Risk and Operational Risk Workshop – in San Francisco on November 6-7, 2018.
CALED is hosting a webinar on California Opportunity Zones on November 7, 2018, at 1:00 pm.
Free Webinar: Prosperity Now will introduce their new Financial Coaching Program Design Guide on November 14, 2018, at 3:00 pm ET.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab’s Nonprofit Institute will take place in Oakland on November 8, 2018, and in L.A. on January 15, 2019.
- The Social Enterprise Academy helps nonprofits generate revenue through charitable ventures. Classes start in January 2019 and applications are due November 12, 2018.
- Read Opportunity Finance Network’s blog post, What New Opportunity Zones Tax Incentives May Mean for CDFIs.
- Read Prosperity Now’s report on how last year’s federal tax law exacerbates the racial wealth gap.
For Your Clients
- Small Business Majority is hosting a series of free webinars to explain how the changes to the ACA affect small businesses.
- The new CalSavers website is now live!
- American Express’ Shop Small Studio’ has a host of customizable marketing materials to get ready for Small Business Saturday.
- Take Action: CalNonprofits has tips and resources to encourage voting in your community.
- Member Kudos: Congrats to CDC Small Business Finance for 40 years and $18.4 billion in small business loans.
- In the News: State Regulators Sue to Block FinTech Charters.
- Jobs: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, Pacific Community Ventures, CalSavers, JEDI, California Farmlink, Cutting Edge Capital, and Chinatown Service Center are hiring!